Employer Goals and Responsibilities.
Our goal is to ensure as far as reasonably practicable, not put the health and safety of other persons at risk from
work carried out as part of our business or undertaking.
As far as reasonably practicable we will;
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of a work environment that is without risk to health and safety;
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of safe plant and structures;
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of safe systems of work;
- Ensure the safe use, handling and storage of plant, substances and structures;
- Ensure the provision of adequate facilities for the welfare of our workers when carrying out work for our business or undertaking, including access to those facilities;
- Providing any information, training, instruction or supervision that is necessary to protect all persons from risk to their health and safety arising from work carried out as part of our business or undertaking;
- Ensure that the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace are monitored for the purpose of preventing injury or illness to workers arising from work carried out as part of our business or undertaking;
- Set and achieve Health and Safety Objectives that are S smart. M measurable. A achievable. R realistic and T time bound;
- Identify and manage reasonable foreseeable risks to health and safety and review these risks at least annually as set out in the risk register,
- Have available and comply with all relevant legislation in regards to health and safety e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Industry Guidelines published from time to time;
- Carry out a review of the Health and Safety System annually and following a critical event and implement any changes in work practices if necessary;
- Ensure the accurate reporting and recording of accidents, incidents, near hits and notifiable events;
- Keep up to date with health and safety matters and their commitment to health and safety by attending seminars, conferences and training forums;
- Encourage and support worker participation and consultation in health and safety related matters;
- Prepare, maintain and implement an emergency plan;
- Provide personal protective equipment and ensure so far as reasonable practicable that personal protective equipment used at the workplace is capable of minimising risks to health and safety;
- Ensure hazards and controls are reviewed at least annually.
Darrin Collett – Director
9th April 2015