Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- Woodbank will ensure all workers will be familiar with, understanding and comply with Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Regulations and Approved code of practice for Safety and Health in Forest Operations and relevant Codes of Practice, guidelines and standards.
- Woodbank will take all reasonably practicable steps to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace for workers.
- Woodbank has a commitment to continious improve in health and safety by setting annual objectives, leading and consulting our team in health and safety matters seeking input from industry Specialists when required.
- All reasonably practical steps will be taken by Woodbank and our workers to identify hazards that are reasonably foreseeable; we will assess the risk of those hazards and determine ways of eliminating or minimising those risks.
- All near hits, notifiable injuries, illnesses, notifiable incidents and notifiable events shall be reported to the company immediately. Woodbank will ensure systems are in place for the accurate reporting and recording of these events and instigate an investigation when required.
- Woodbank is commited to supporting the safe and early return to work for injured workers. Workers will also ensure they are familiar with and participate in a Return to Work plan.
- All workers will be provided information and training for the task they are to carry out or will be under supervision until they have satified Woodbank that they are competent to work unsupervised. Relevant health and safety training will be provided to workers to ensure that competence in health and safety is achived and maintained.
- Workers shall not knowingly place themselves or their workmates in a suitation that is likety to cause harm. Workers must take resonable care for their own safety of others in the workplace.
- Woodbank will ensure we have procedures in place to deal with potential emergency situations and ensure these are available to all workers and vistiors to our workplace.
- Woodbank is commited to a drug & alcohol free workplace for workers and contractors on our site(s).
- The Health and Safety Policy, Work procedures and Work Rules will be reviewed annually, when there is a change in work procedures, critical events or change in legislation.
Darrin Collett – Director